- Install and activate the Migrate Guru plugin on your source (original) site.
- Make sure you have a domain to migrate your site to on Flywheel, and that you have WordPress installed on this domain.
- On your source site, navigate to the Migrate Guru plugin and select 'Flywheel' from the list of hosts.
- Once you select Flywheel, you should see the following form:
In this form,
For the destination's URL, enter the URL of your destination site–– This is the URL to which Migrate Guru will move your site.
If you've created a site/domain on Flywheel, you'll be able to see its URL as soon as you log in to your Flywheel account:
For the field labelled 'Flywheel URL', log in to your Flywheel account→Click on the destination site→ When the details of the site open up→Copy the URL in the browser and paste it here.
To fill up the rest of the form, you will need your sFTP username, and sFTP password. (Flywheel has documentation about it here).
Your Flywheel sFTP username and sFTP password are the same as the ones you used to log in to your Flywheel dashboard (your Flywheel account).
- Once you have all these details, fill up your migration form on the Migrate Guru plugin on your site, and click on 'Migrate'.
Created by: Ruby Paulson
Modified on: Fri, 11 Aug, 2017 at 7:32 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.